Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Boogers

This one has no art to go with it, is considerably shorter, and has less back-story to it.  But, here we go:

Parker, the 8-month old, has had a runny nose lately.  Something I hadn't anticipated when we decided to have children was that I might slowly lose my mind.  I find myself saying, and singing ridiculous things to entertain these two joys of my life.  And, occasionally, I write them down.  Here's one of them.  Sung to Parker.  In honor of his runny nose.

Boogers in your nose!
That's where they goes!
On your face?
They're out of place!

Yep, that's it.  It's usually followed immediately by wiping his nose with a Kleenex--which he hates.  The song is merely a distraction from the torture of booger-wrangling that will follow.

(Below are the pen scribbles of the original.)

0 comments: